Practical Thoughts

Life Should be Easy

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sivaji, The Boss - Rich are getting richer because fools pay $16


Rajini laughing mockingly at the foolish desis - Idhu Eppadi irruku!

The Rajnikanth blockbuster Sivaji is being screened in the USA across 80 theatres. In most cities the price of a ticket is $16 bucks. I am a big supporter of capitalistic policies which encourage the larger mass to have opportunities to make money with minimal government interference. But I am a staunch opposer of the trend especially in India where conniving businessmen plan to make humongous profits by creating unnecessary hype. Sivaji tickets being sold for $16 bucks is one such example. I personally feel that the people involved in bringing the movie into US just want to capitalize on the Sivaji mania and make a quick profit out of it.
Usually Desi movies are priced around $10 and I believe that's fair given the fact the number of people making it to these movies. But $16 is REALLY UNFAIR.

I really wanted to watch the movie but I have decided to boycott it. I hope many more desis do the same and teach the organizers a lesson.
As Sivaji himself says in the movie, the rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer and I wonder why ?

4 Comments:

At 6/13/2007 1:16 PM, Blogger RamaDrama said...

Hey Sandesh,
The feeling is mutual. I think the organizers went overboard this time but i guess we have a right to exercise our option even if it wont make a difference.

 
At 6/13/2007 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you are right but guess what i couldn't resist and i paid $25. (in NJ for the premier show on 14th)

 
At 6/15/2007 6:14 AM, Blogger K.F. Sahiwala said...

Well, Thats OK what is the scenerio everyone wants to zero in on.

Well I am also a Software Consultant based in India at Mumbai. You can visit my blog for www.houchpouch.blogspot.com for ur relevant comments.

 
At 6/27/2007 1:51 PM, Blogger Shubho said...

Yeah I agree...getting ripped off in the US by desis has become a familiar affair, sadly. I think about that every time I order a $3.00 butter naan, or buy 5 paan leaves for a dollar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home